Cars Feed Families

It may be beat up, dirty, and hasn't been serviced in years, but if your vehicle has wheels, it could help Utahns facing hunger.

Please have your VIN number, mileage and title before beginning this process. Vehicle donations are tax-deductible up to $500, or the vehicle’s actual sales price, whichever is higher. Vehicle donations are limited to the greater Salt Lake Valley and Washington County.

Vehicle Donation

  • Contact Information

  • Vehicle Information

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


How do I donate my vehicle?

Simply fill out our online donation form, and you will be contacted within three business days to arrange a pick-up time. You can also contact Niya Thomas at (801) 887-1281 or [email protected] for more details.

How quickly can you tow away my vehicle?

It typically takes 2-5 business days after Utah Food Bank receives your donation. We are limited to vehicles located in the greater Salt Lake valley area.

Will you accept my vehicle?

We accept any vehicle that has not been parted out, as long as it has a clean title and inflated tires.

Will my vehicle be used by Utah Food Bank?

After assessing the condition of the vehicle, Utah Food Bank will determine if it will fit into our fleet to assist us in our efforts. If the vehicle does not meet the criteria to join our fleet, it will be auctioned.

Will I get a tax deduction?

The tax deduction generally applies to those who itemize deductions on their Form 1040 federal tax return. The amount of the deduction depends on the actual sale price of the vehicle. Donors can claim a $500 deduction if the gross sales price of the vehicle is $500 or less at auction. If the vehicle sells for greater than $500, the actual sales price can be claimed as the deduction. Please check with a tax professional regarding your personal tax benefit.

What IRS forms will I need?

What if I can’t find my title?

If your vehicle is titled in Utah, print and complete the Application for Duplicate Title. If your vehicle was titled in another state, we must have a replacement title from that state (check that state’s DMV website to find out how to get a duplicate title).

Whom do I contact to answer questions?

To ensure the best possible service, please contact Niya Thomas at (801) 887-1281 or [email protected].